This role provides support of materials purchasing and delivery activities to include both daily material management and short analysis of material flow to meet contractual and operation requirements. Ensures the material delivered to manufacturing plan complies with contracted volumes and specifications. Provide reporting of material contracts and shipments with an objective look as to how they correlate with both operational needs and material purchasing efforts. Works closely with Finance and suppliers to ensure payment accuracy.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; some college required.
- 1 – 2 years in supply chain and customer interface experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team with high degree of accountability.
- Capable of balancing strategic and tactical workloads with competing priorities.
+ More Information
- Actively track shipments and contractual requirements, for all procured units, on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Troubleshoot and resolve potential inequities between reporting systems.
- Provides weekly updates internally and externally regarding current position (contracted volume and deliveries) against contractual obligations.
- Rectifies inequities around receiving, downgrades and payments with suppliers.
- Works closely with Finance for system development and coordination for ensuring accurate pricing, recoveries and reconciliations for each unique contract.
- Perform physical audits on overall meltable units at Logan and processors, where needed.
- Perform financial audits on overall scrap value versus expectations.
- Acquire general procedure knowledge and past practice to gain an understanding of accepted handling practices of non-conforming materials. Assist in development and interpretation of supplier performance reports
- Communication of supplier status and potential issues within the Operation/Materials group. Provide feedback to suppliers about load specific issues.
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers and operational interfaces at Logan at the appropriate transactional levels.
- Special tasks and projects as required by TAA and Consortium.
- Gain a knowledge of the materials supply structure, information systems and usage in manufacturing facility. Learn and apply Logan Purchase order system and Bi-Query reporting.
- Work to develop a deeper understanding of the impact and effect of material purchasing activities on manufacturing operations. Support the alignment between procurement and operational activities.
- Conduct Aluminum Association and government reporting, where required.
- Maintain status on all compliance and anti-trust training.
- Report actual/projected contracted volume and deliveries to contacts on a regular (weekly) basis.
- Actively pursue the maintenance of current operational relationships at the manufacturing facility as they relate to material purchasing and flow.
- Clear and concise communications: with both English and non-English- speaking constituents.
- Ability to work with multiple levels within organization (Engineering, Planning, Plant Management, TAA, Logan, Suppliers).
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Bends, stoops or crouches on a regular basis.
- May sit for several hours at a time.
- Varied environment from corporate office setting to complex heavy manufacturing facility.
- Work required outside of standard business hours.